I am genuinely grateful for all the open source projects I used and advice I received from the community while building this website, including:
- BigFoot for their Instapaper-like footer popups used to power my article footnotes.
- Michael J. Deeb for his help getting a custom domain set up with Github Pages and Hover.
- Hint for the lovely hover bubbles used in the Iconography and Contact pages.
- jQueryScript.net for their anchor links script for displaying header anchor links on hover.
- Paul Lewis & Robert Flack, authors of Google’s Performant Parallaxing developer article, which was heavily referenced for my Largest Video Game Ever page.
- mikeygee for sharing his clever solution for splitting up articles on the home page.
- richleland on Github for his Monokai color scheme which I use for my code blocks.
- SimpleForm for providing the contact form backend used on my Contact page.
- shanidkv for publishing an indispensable guide explaining how to implement a dynamically fixed menu (fixed only when scrolling).
- Vanilla-tilt for powering the tvOS-inspired parallax effects used in the Projects page.
I drew inspiration for my design from many professionals, including:
- Silvia Gatta, an Italy-based designer who crafted the beautiful MacStories website and inspired me to fully support dark mode for night reading.
- Susan Kare, the legendary graphic designer for the original Macintosh operating system for inspiring the design of my website logo.
- Christa Mrgan, founder of Civil Comments, whose other projects and tasteful style helped guide my design process.
- Bradley Taunt, a web designer/developer hybrid whose original home page was the source of inspiration for creating my own.
- Cezary Wojcik, a self-proclaimed keyboard wizard and iOS Developer whose projects gallery page was the initial inspiration for my own.
Above all else I thank my Mom and Dad, my older sister Aimee, and my younger brother Michael for their continued support as I pursue my dreams. I love you all, thanks for everything.